Circulation: Varies widely
Accepts Email Submissions: Yes
Website URL: http://www.darwinsbulldog.com/
Description: Intelligent writing within, without, and across genres and styles
Editor(s): Steven Schroeder
Guidelines URL: Click here for writer's guidelines information.
Rights: Darwin's Bulldog obtains first publication rights and the right to maintain the piece in an online archive (Darwin's Bulldog "back issues"). Additionally, Darwin's Bulldog has an option on anthology rights following written notification to the author. All
Needs: - Short stories of any genre, mixed genre, or no genre
- Poems of any style, formal verse or free verse
- Creative nonfiction including (but not limited to) essays, reviews, humor, and articles
Length: - Short stories up to 6,000 words
- Poems up to 250 lines (1-5 poems per submission)
- Nonfiction up to 6000 words
Art/Photo Needs: Original
How to Submit: Send your submission as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. MS Word, text, RTF, and HTML are all acceptable formats. HTML is best provided it is simple HTML formatting (line breaks, paragraph breaks, italics) without header tags, different fonts, changes in alignments, or other aspects that will be changed on the final page. Please do not send zipped files. You may also cut and paste your submission into your e-mail at the end, but if you do this, remember that many important word processor formatting enhancements will be lost in a text e-mail, and Darwin's Bulldog will not change or restore formatting for you.
All text should be 10-12 point type in an easily readable font. Prose should be double-spaced, and poetry single-spaced.
In the body of your e-mail, please include the following information:
- Your name as you want your byline to read (pen names are acceptable)
- Your e-mail address (please tell us if you do not want this e-mail address available to readers if your article gets published)
- Previous publications, if any (don't worry if you don't have 'em)
- A brief biography (100 words or less) appropriate for use if we publish your piece
- Anything else you feel is important for us to know
Response Time: When you submit a manuscript, we will reply as soon as possible to confirm receipt of the manuscript, then begin reviewing it. Typical response time in reviewing a manuscript is one month. If you do not receive an answer on your manuscript within two months, please follow up with us.